Sunday, March 7, 2010

Broadway: Start of an idea...

Here are some images from my initial visit to Buchroeder's Jewelers on Broadway...


Owner Mills Menser plans to renovate the area where he's sitting to make way for more diamond cases. The shelves to his left and right are empty.


Menser bought the family business from his father, Mike Menser, in 2007. His father still owns the building. The picture of the two hangs at the front of the store.


Part of the area that has been prepared for renovation. A similar photo is posted to my blog.


This building has housed Buchroeder's Jewelers since 1911. It's possibly the oldest business in Columbia, Mo. While the first floor houses Buchroeder's, the second story is comprised of residential apartments.

Although I think it's interesting to find this business in the middle of transition, I still haven't found *the heart* of the story. Any ideas? I welcome feedback...

No comments: