Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update: Meeting Dale Graham

Hey, Gang!

Instead of posting to my own blog (which is frequented by my grandmother and other folks not privy to the photo world), thought I'd touch base and tell you what's happening with my final project...

Upon David R.'s guidance, I contacted a photographer named Dale Graham. He worked as a pharmacist most of his life before turning to photography. Now, one of his pieces ("Windmill on the Prarie") hangs in the Museum of Modern Art. He lives in Fayette, Mo., with his wife Maureen. He still shoots and uses 2 1/4 square and 4x5 film.

He's agreed to meet me in "Downtown" Fayette on Saturday morning. We plan to walk around and talk. I'll, of course, take my camera. We just had a lovely chat on the phone, and I look forward to our initial meeting.

I'll let you know what transpires!

p.s. David R., Dale says, "Hello!"

No comments: